Traditional buyer models have changed over years. The vast amount of information and profound competition to gain more sales leads have ultimately put more control in the buyer’s hands.
If you are a new startup, you may be overwhelmed by the complexity of tasks and the enormous volume of communication channels. When it comes to inbound sales, you may feel like a newly born baby that’s taking the first steps.
How to increase your inbound sales without putting efforts that reap no fruits? I will answer this question in three simple ways. I call them the three pillars of inbound sales.
- Blogging; and
- Tailored web content and clear messaging.
Let’s see how it works.
Inbound sales is a bit tricky. Unlike outbound sales, potential clients express their interest first. So, why should you engage in business process outsourcing when it comes to inbound sales?
Here are some points to consider:
- Sales marketing agencies have established network of potential clients that is easily accessible through social media and email outreach;
- You need to hire, train, and pay sales representatives which often may surpass the costs of hiring an independent agency;
- It’s cost-effective to turn to call centers instead of in-house personnel due to the excessive training time which can take at least a year;
- Overhead costs;
- The right business process outsourcing call center can multiply your sales in few days whereas you have to work on it for months and even years if done in-house;
- Marketing agencies can have targeted services, doing anything from human resource business outsourcing to law.
These are just a few reasons why you should consider finding a good business process outsourcing service for your company. Over time, you may decide to expand the internal sales team and get to the point where a a combination of in-house team and outsourcing service provider is the smartest strategy.
Effective blogging can be an effective tool that brings you potential leads. As per HubSpot’s State of Inbound 2018 report, 61% of marketers say blogging is their top inbound marketing priority.
The question is how to be an effective blogger. There are two issues to consider according to a study from Ahrefs. Firstly, you should earn backlinks from authoritative websites. And secondly, your content must stand out. Without backlinks, you’re not going to be seen on the first page of the SERPs. They are an important factor in Google’s algorithm.
But even if you have good backlinks and are following SEO optimization rules, this does not mean that you will have clients. You will have those valuable clicks only when it ticks to the potential client’s mind.
Tailored Web Content and Clear Messaging
Unlike targeted outbound sales where you are aware of the interests of your target audience, it is a potential client that approaches you during inbound sales marketing and you have to be completely ready to meet their needs and interests. .
One approach is to have tailored web content and clear messaging. The potential customer should be able to get an answer without digging in. Your website and social media outreach play a crucial role in this regard. This includes, among others, clear and simple site navigation, clear and engaging product description, and tailored social media messaging.
To sum up, the right communication service provider together with elaborate blogging and website management can help you reap the fruits from all the efforts made in the direction of generating inbound sales.